Tell Me What You Think..........

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 7:43am by PatricesPieces

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 12:49am
post #1 of 6

I've always used mmf because Wilton taste like crap, but I would like to know for those who use something else, what is it you use and how much do you get it for? I really want to try something else. I've seen alot of really smooth, matte cake and when I've asked what fondant they use they always respond to Satin Ice. That's stuff so pricey but it looks so good, I'm tempted to try it. I wonder if the real nice bakeries use that stuff too....hmmm. Please let me know what you think of either one.

5 replies
Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:01am
post #2 of 6

Hi!!

I see no one has said anything yet...so thought I'd give you a little info...

I have only used MMF...I like it good enough, but am really dying to try the Michelle Foster's fondant here on CC. I've heard that its REALLY good!! Better than MMF, and it looks beautiful on cakes!!! You might want to check it out!! HTH!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:13am
post #3 of 6

I had never tried Satin Ice till a few weeks ago. Global Sugar Art had the 2lb. tubs on sell, I really wanted to try it... so I order the white vanilla. Now I know why alot of people use it, it is really good. It has a really great taste to it and even smells great icon_smile.gif

I also found it nice to work with. For me and my tastebuds we are all bc, but I was able to eat some of the Satin Ice and that is more then I can say for the Wilton fondant.

So I will use the Wiltons fondant for the things I know aren't going to be eaten, and the things that are will be made from the Satin Ice. As for other brands I haven't tried them. Maybe someone who has, may see this thread and be able to give you more information.

God Bless,
Sharon

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 7:24am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for responding. I should give both of them a try.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 7:28am
post #5 of 6

Your Welcome, please let us know what you think after you have try them. Good Luck!

God Bless,
Sharon

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 7:43am
post #6 of 6

I use Satin Ice as well as Fondx. I have also used Caljava white chocolate raspberry fondant. Caljava tasted great, but was not as easy to work with. I prefer Satin Ice and Fondx.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%