Another Variation On The Happy Married Life Email Scam

Business By costumeczar Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 4:39pm by costumeczar

Ladyfish74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfish74 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:34pm
post #61 of 67

Thank you young padawan. As you can see, I have changed my avatar to reflect the honor you have bestowed on me.

I must have gotten the twinkleberry from the toejam. Toe-jam--twinkle-toes--twinkle-berry.....you know how names evolve.

I still think we should have a sparkleberry recipe contest. icon_cool.gif

Ladyfish74 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:37pm
post #62 of 67

costumeczar, don't ever let anyone tell you that your broken English is bad.
It's, well it's......perfectly broken icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
and I think you should feel important also since there are over 1500 views on this thread!
thumbs_up.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 1:58pm
post #63 of 67

I just thank you for the idea to ask about the sparkleberry/twinkleberry in the first place. If everyone who's looked at this thread does the same thing to these guys maybe they'll get tired of it and move on.

But then where would the fun be?

My sister-in-law works at an online shoe company, and she said that the scam they get is people emailing to order boots with a two-day rush shipping. icon_confused.gif She says it's always boots, and always a two-day rush. I can't figure out why scammers come up with such specific details, then use them over and over. Maybe 'cause they're STOOOOPID????

Ladyfish74 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:03pm
post #64 of 67

I have strung this idiot along until he has postponed his "wedding" until next week.

He writes:

Quote:
Quote:

Hello Shelley,
Want to infor you that our wedding has been postpond till 11th of April 2009 due to my wife health,She need to undergo some medical treatment latter today and she need enough rest for some days so that is why we have decided to postpond..Hope you understand us...As for our weeding cake we still want you to bake the cake for us..So let me know the price excluding the plastic platforms cos we have that with us now....
Get back to us...
James and Linda...

Notice that now he wants a weeding cake? We could have some fun with that one. icon_rolleyes.gif

costumeczar Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:38pm
post #65 of 67

Dang, that guy is persistent! When you're done messing with him tell him that you only accept cash, that seems to be the key to getting rid of them.

Although a weeding cake might be nice...Is he going with a garden theme or something ? icon_rolleyes.gif

Ladyfish74 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 1:28pm
post #66 of 67

Either that or he's part of the green movement and is trying new ways of recycling--even weeds need a way to feel useful ya know. I did write back and ask him if he had plenty of reticulating styroplosion plastic and self-freezing boxes. I have yet to hear back from him. icon_lol.gif

Someone on another thread made the comment that he/she didn't think that scamming these guys was worth the time....I think that 5 minutes in the morning/evening for a chuckle all day is a pretty good trade but that's JMO as they say.

costumeczar Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 4:39pm
post #67 of 67

Oh, it's so totally worth the time. It's fun fun fun 'til Daddy takes my reticulating styroplosion plastic twinkleberry jam containers away. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%