Shmoos? Anyone?

Decorating By mandygirlxoxo Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 3:40pm by bakery_chick

mandygirlxoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandygirlxoxo Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 3

My teacher wants me to make his wifes 30th birthday cake and apparentlyhe calls her his shmoos..... i looked up pictures of this so called "shmoos" on google and he is a boling pin shaped character. very lovable and very cute. but i dont know how to make it into a cake. should i just cut out the shape and star it? or should i trace the picture onto the cake with piping gel? im not sure. i think he wants me to cut the cake into the shape of a shmoos... but if anyone could give me some ideas that would be great.

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 12:54am
post #2 of 3

Never heard of this shmoos before but sound like it would be easy to cut a cake into shape. Be sure to charge what you would if it was not shapes.......in other words, it you start w/a 12x8 and trim it down to about 11x5 still charge the same as if it was 12x8 - that would be 15 servings times whatever you base price is.

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 3

If you want to go all out wild, you can shape the body and use rice crispies to make the head/neck. He has such a wide bottom, he should be fairly stable. Other wise I would use an oval or round pan and cut out the shape from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%