Argh! Quick, How Many Servings?

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 2:30am by emiyeric

emiyeric Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 7

Sorry for the rush! I'm looking around to try to find how many servings the ball pan and the wonder pan (the big ones, not the small) make ... a nurse at my hospital is holding a bachelorette party, and I'm brainstorming with her, but the stinker only gave me like five days' notice. Grumble grumble icon_wink.gif. So now I'm running around trying to figure out how much comes from what. Thanks thanks thanks for any guidance you can give me ... these stinking pans aren;t on the big popular charts (wilton or otherwise).

6 replies
milissasmom Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 7

You know, I don't know (I carve everything by hand). But they should have this info somewhere on the web....I would try google!

emiyeric Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 7

I did try Google, and I looked in several pre-made charts as well, and have had no luck so far ... if I had a little more time, I coule peruse the Web a little more calmly (which I might end up doing anyway, if nobody really knows the answer), but I was just hoping I might be lucky anough to find somebody who's done these pans frequently and knows what they yield.

I appreciate any thoughts!

Parable Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 7

The instruction sheet for the Classic Wonder Mold says 5.5 to 6 cups of batter. HTH

pieceacake830 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 7

Wilton states that the wonder mold serves 12, but I think I usually get 15-20 out of it...depends on how big you cut your cake. Each half of the ball pan set serves 6 with a total of 12 for both pans being used to create 1 solid ball of cake (with a board in between the 2 cakes of course icon_wink.gif ).

Good Luck!

mommyle Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:54pm
post #6 of 7

Well, each of them take about one cake mix. One cake mix should serve 15 - 20. so the two together would probably serve 30 - 40.

emiyeric Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:30am
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much, guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%