Pricing Help Please

Baking By Marmette Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 8:10pm by apetricek

Marmette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marmette Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 4

i got an order for some cupcakes but im not sure what to charge because i really dont do it professionally just yet.
She wants it for easter.
And it will be a basic vanilla cake(any suggestions on what recipe to use will be very helpful) with a white and pastel coloured frosting with a bed of toasted coconut flakes topped with some mm or almond eggs.
she wants 3 dozen.
Ill be very happy if you can give me some ideas on the price.
Thank you

3 replies
QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 4

Marmette,
I'd suggest using the White Almond Sour Cream (WASC) recipe you can find in the CC recipe section and just using vanilla flavoring for a vanilla cake. I've made cupcakes with this recipe before I started baking from scratch for most things.

As for pricing, I'm in Iowa and have a home-based business. I charge a base price of $1.75 each for unfilled cupcakes with a 1M swirl and sprinkles. For the decorations you described, I'd probably charge $2.00 each for unfilled cupcakes - $72 total for the 3 dozen. Pricing may be more or less depending on what's normal for the Dallas area.

Hope this helps!
Alysa

Marmette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marmette Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 4

thank you so much ahartman that really helped.

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 4

I too basically charge the $2.00 per cuppie...I was told by a fellow CCer that it is pretty much the same thing as a piece of cake...and sometimes can be more work, than decorating a cake. Be sure to get your money out of it. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%