Help! 40Th Anniversary For Parents And Too Many Ideas! Lol

Decorating By DoniB Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 9:21pm by DoniB

DoniB Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 3

Okay...I'm throwing my folks a party for their 40th wedding anniversary on Sunday. I had an idea for the cake (a chess board cake with pieces, since they played chess on their wedding night and the story of it is an amusing family tale), but then Dad had an idea (which was a really cool one, and I might end up going with it, but...), then Mom sent me a very grainy pic of their wedding cake, in case i wanted to duplicate that but I haven't been able to fiddle with it just right to get a good idea of how it was decorated... ARGH!!!!

What I guess I'd like is to see if folks have a favorite anniversary cake they'd suggest.

Dad's idea was a several-tiered cake with a road spiraling around it from tier to tier. The road would have hills and potholes, but also things like a bouquet of pink rosebuds right next to a bouquet of red roses, to signify my birth, blue flowers (i guess a different one for each) for my brothers, a tiny wedding cake for me and my hubby along the way... things like that. I suppose I could throw in some beach scenes (since we always went to the same place for vacation and both folks love it), stuff like that.

I've tried to make their anniversary all about the two of them, but they both insist on including us kids. icon_razz.gif I don't know what to do! LOL Even if it's a suggestion that adds on to one of the other cake ideas, that's fine, too.

Help! LOL Any advice is welcome! icon_razz.gif I've already got the food taken care of... I probably bought way too much, but oh well. icon_razz.gif

thanks in advance for any help! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
sarahpierce Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 3

You could go with your Dads idea. And then for the cake topper have a king and queen chess piece to signify your mom and dad. Is the party this Sunday? You better get going girl! Good luck, and post pictures when your done!

DoniB Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks! I'm kinda leaning towards my dad's idea anyhow... but I like the idea of the king and queen chess pieces as the topper. That would be cool. icon_smile.gif Thank you!!!!

I'll post pics... I'm not fully decided yet, though, so if any other ideas come across, all will be considered! LOL

I thrive on planning things at the last minute. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%