Need Chocolate Fondant Recipe Asap

Decorating By Peridot Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 1:51am by Teekakes

Peridot Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make chocolate fondant tonight. I looked at the recipe section on the site but still don't know what to use. I don't have time to read all of the topics hoping that I will find what I am looking for. Your help is greatly apprecaited.

What is the best Chocolate Mashmallow Fondant reciepe out there? One using chocolate chips or cocoa powder?

What is the best chocolate buttercream to put under the choc fondant? I like Indydebi's BC - can this be made chocolate?

6 replies
Peridot Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 7

Bump!

Someone please/////

icer101 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 7

when you click on recipes.. chocolate marshmellow fondant recipe on front page... yes, you can make chocolate from indydebie's recipe.. i think she tells you how on her regular recipe.. when i make regular buttercream chocolate.. i melt several blocks of unsweeeten chocolate, or you can use bittersweet,etc. then add it to your buttercream.. you might have to use little more liquid when using chocolate.. toba garrett's chocolate buttercream is so delilcious also. hth

Karissa13 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 7

If it's not too late, I just made some last night and used cocoa powder in MMF. It tasted very good.

kandu001 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 7

I also use cocoa powder in the MMf and it turns out fine.

Peridot Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 1:30am
post #6 of 7

Thanks for your help!! I am trying the cocoa powder.

Teekakes Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 1:51am
post #7 of 7

Looks like you have your chocolate fondant worked out. For the chocolate buttercream this is all I use and it is to die for delicious! thumbs_up.gif
http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2281-28-Chocolate-Decorators-Buttercream.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%