My First Wedding Cake! W/ Buldges! Lol

Decorating By Chippi Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 6:31pm by Chippi

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 8

This is for my daughters 3 day notice wedding! (Wanted to bust her!) It is marble cake w/ french vanilla buttercream cov. in MMF. Flowers are gumpaste and truly my first quick try at them. I covered my board w/ MMF and inprinted "Congratulations" around the board. I do have buldges but I was up til 3:30am doing it so. Any and all critiques appreciated being my first wedding cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1329428

They are still having a huge reception when they get back from the beach and I am doing her original cake which is 4 tiers. So this was going test run. TFL

Chippi!

7 replies
Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 8

It looks great! The swag is very nice and the colour you achieved with the flowers is beautiful. icon_smile.gif
OK, the bulges are there but no one at the wedding will notice that...

Lovely cake!

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 8

That's a very pretty and neatly done cake. Did you make an icing dam before you filled it? That looks like your problem. If you have never done one check this out.

This video shows a double height piped but that is not at all necessary. She also doesn't explain that the dam should be piped 1/8-1/4" from the edge of the cake. I use a #12 tip for regular fillings but if I do a thickly filled cake I use the icing bag and coupler without a tip.

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 8

I loooooove your flowers. I've been wanting to try them for so long but I always find an excuse not to.

Your cake is beautiful. I have the bulge issue a lot too (even with a stiff damn icon_confused.gif ). I have the best luck when I put a bit thicker of a crumb coat on.. it's worked in my last few cakes.

Congrats btw icon_smile.gif

Chippi Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:11am
post #5 of 8

Thanks you all, this cake really meant alot to me to do. The wedding went very well and I recieve alot of compliments! Wish you all "Happy Baking"

Chippi icon_smile.gif

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:28am
post #6 of 8

Your daughter must have loved it! Your flowers look great!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:34am
post #7 of 8

so fresh and pretty and modern. I love it! and for such short notice, too!

Chippi Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 6:31pm
post #8 of 8

Here it is all setup icon_smile.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%