Did Something I Thought I Would Never Do...lol!

Decorating By cakesdivine Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 7:51pm by GenGen

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 11

Okay, I had a bride wanting ivory BC. I use the crisco sticks and real butter in my BC. Well the store was out of all the white crisco so rather than go 15 miles to the next store I just went ahead a bought the butter flavored, yellow in color, crisco sticks... I read the lable and they have Trans fats...yippee!! and the color they and the butter produced was a perfect ivory! And the taste was amazing!

I guess you just never know until you try! So from here on out, if I have a bride wanting Ivory colored icing, you know what I'm buying! icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:17am
post #2 of 11

Great tip!!! Thanks!
thumbs_up.gif

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:55am
post #3 of 11

AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for sharing that awesome discovery!!! YIPPIE!! EASY IVORY!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mamabrat13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabrat13 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:03am
post #4 of 11

Thanks so much for the awesome tip! Who knew?!

KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:10am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I guess you just never know until you try! So from here on out, if I have a bride wanting Ivory colored icing, you know what I'm buying! icon_biggrin.gif

Better yet, you never know until someone else tries! Thanks for the great tip! icon_biggrin.gif

Sarsi Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:14am
post #6 of 11

KookieKris- LOL!!! You're too funny!!! Also, looks like your stalking me....creeeeepy.....hehehee.. following me around the site, are ya??? well you're not getting away with it!! LOL icon_wink.gif

KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:19am
post #7 of 11

Okay ~ pretty weird ~ I just replied to another post of yours only seconds ago! Maybe I am stalking you and I don't even know it!
Weren't you going to bed?

Sarsi Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:24am
post #8 of 11

LOL!!!! That is way too funny!!! icon_biggrin.gif Yes, I was going to go to bed...well, actually, I just said that I NEED to go to bed...big difference when I'm here on CC...buuuuut....I SHOULD go to bed...maybe just a little longer!!! I'm worse than a little kid! LOL

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:38am
post #9 of 11

wow! i'll have to go check out store. i live in a small town in idaho so thats an iffy. does it Say transfat on the ingredient lable?

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 7:38pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen

wow! i'll have to go check out store. i live in a small town in idaho so thats an iffy. does it Say transfat on the ingredient lable?

OMG, I just looked at the lables again. I went through my entire stock that I bought and dawgonit! Only one box says their is 5g of transfats and the other boxes SAY 0! Darn it Darn it Darn it!

So I guess they had some old boxes of the stuff with transfats still on the shelves. icon_sad.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 7:51pm
post #11 of 11

ah.. well reading my quote brought my typo to my attention. meant to say OUR store, not OUT store lol..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%