Decorating With Cream Cheese Frosting!

Decorating By cookingfor5 Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm by kates_kakes

cookingfor5 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a red velvet cake for a child's birthday and it needs to be decorated with Cream Cheese Frosting. Any suggestions on what recipe to use and any input on how it is different. I don't care if it crusts, but I have only used this icing on sandwich cookies and cupcakes. Never done any detailed piping with it. I have never colored it either. It needs to taste like traditional cream cheese icing. Had some last year from a bakery that tasted like donut icing and did not love it at all.

2 replies
cakesmade4u Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 3

What I do is use the buttercream I would normally use for a cake warm my creamcheese just enough to make it soft the add my buttercream, mix the 2 with a mixer then add more powder sugar untill thick enough to place on the cake decorate and make boarders. That also gives you the option to get the right flavor of creamcheese as well. You can even use this on a carrot cake yummy. icon_biggrin.gif

kates_kakes Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 3

I just recently asked the same question. You can try the decorator cream cheese frosting recipe from this site. I haven't tried it yet but I will soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%