Attaching A Ri Tiara To The Top Of A Fondant Cake

Decorating By jilld Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 8:08pm by jilld

jilld Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jilld Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a two tiered fondant cake that I will box ( heavy corrugated box to completely enclose the cake) for pick-up tomorrow. I have a RI tiara (thanks to all your tips and stencils) that is supposed to sit on top of the cake. What is the best way to attach this delicate creation so that it doesn't move or break in transit. Thanks for any ideas!

4 replies
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 5

Any chance to let the tiara unattached and in its own box?

Else, you can attach it with bit of RI. I would try to "pad" the inside and perhaps the outside of the tiara - either find a round box, slip it inside, pad with rolled paper towels. Or a piece of foam. You never know how the person drives.

I still think that transporting the tiara in extra box would be easier.

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 5

I made a small RI base for the tiara - it stuck like cement. To make sure that the tiara didn't get crushed during delivery, I used a large paper cup - taller than the tiara - inverted and placed inside the tiara. If anything crushed the lid of the box, the paper cup would take the impact.

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 5

Gum glue works Great!

jilld Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jilld Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys! I used RI and it stuck on there very nicely. If I deliver one though I will box and pad and add it after I set-up. Now - covering tall square cakes in fondant has become my biggest problem - ugh I can't stand the ruffles I end up with on the bottom. I have gotten pretty adept with round cakes with very few issues, but even doing the corners first on square cakes still leaves me with a mess I can't quite get right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%