Acd & Mbn...are There Any Other Deco Mags?

Decorating By Getus Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 3:48pm by pattigunter

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 5

I subscribed to ACD and MBN via internet last November. I still had not rec'd either as of March 1, so I emailed them. I rec'd an email assuring me that I would receive an issue of MBN by no later than March 11th. So, yesterday, I emailed them back, asking for a refund, as I felt their attention to new subs was less than prompt. I receive an email this am telling me they have canceled my sub and will issue a complete refund. But get this....I should receive my refund in 6-8 weeks.
icon_mad.gif
So, basically, they will have had my money for 5 months by the time I finally get it back. If I could collect $40 from several people, use if for 5 months, then give it back to them...yea..guess I'd be in the banking biz. Geez...what a way to do business.
At any rate, my question is: Are there any other cake decorating publications for getting ideas and new trends info from? I prefer to find mags that don't just do exclusively fondant, as I do a lot of BC cakes. thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 5

I subscribed in October and, like you and everyone else, am still waiting for my first issue. I guess I would rather wait awhile longer and still get my issues than wait 6-8 more weeks for my money ... and to have to keep checking to see if the credit ever went through.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but it does appear that ACD is having some real problems - hopefully they will get things back on track very soon. tapedshut.gif

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 5

Have they always been this way? I get my subscription on time and I dont think I waited that long when I first subscribed. Just wondering if they are falling victim to the economy.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 5

pattigunter, I thought it was just me, but I have seen a lot of posts on CC from existing subscriptions and new customers. No one seems to have gotten the Feb/Mar issue yet. Have you?

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 5

No not yet but its supposed to be shipped at the end of March (I saw that somewhere).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%