Gift Card In Cake?

Decorating By newnancy Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 2:36pm by juleebug

newnancy Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 5

I had an idea for a kitchen shower I'm attending. Am I nuts or what but I was thinking of hiding a gift card in the cake. Could I just wrap it in foil and put it in between layers when I torte it? I thought of making a square cake with a bow on top & having that for the gift with the card inside. What does everybody think, any suggestions?

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 5

That reminds me of when I was a kid and my Mom would hide money inside the cake.Can you imagine how parents would react to that nowadays!! I think it is a cute idea...Wrap it in saran wrap instead of foil.

wrightway777 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 5

If you are questioning wanting to do it that way.... you could always create a GP box (small rectangle shape with a removable lid) and placing that on or near the cake with the card in it. Just a suggestion. icon_smile.gif

newnancy Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for your help. I will use saran wrap. I just thought it would be different. It's for my niece & she's having me do her wedding cake also (she's brave) & I thought this would be fun. I've never done a bow before either so why not try it all at one time, lol.

juleebug Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 5

Great idea! Just make sure whoever cuts the cake knows.

Quote by @%username% on %date%