What Is Your Fav Filling To Use On Cakes.

Baking By kim_catt Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 11:06am by wrightway777

kim_catt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kim_catt Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering what peoples favourite filling and icing they like to use. I am just starting to make/decorate cakes and just wanted to know what other peoples opinions are. I have only used pre made mixes and the wiltin butter cream icing. Butter cream and strawberry jam for filling. I have also taken the wilton courses, so i have used fondant. i am not the best though, but i do try.

i want to branch out and try new filling etc.

My friend has asked me to make her wedding cake in 2010, so i have to practice a lot. Do people prefer certain filling for wedding cakes? She has told me i can do what i want.

Please reply. i would like to read/hear you opinions.
Kimberley

3 replies
JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 4

Hi Kimberly! Welcome to CC!! My favorite icing is Indydebi's butter cream on this website. It tastes the best to me. I also like the whipped cream cheese, cinnamon bc, coffee bc, mocha bc and whipped chocolate gananche. My favorite fillings are strawberry cream (mix a little strawberry fruit icing or all fruit jam with icing), peanut butter, nutella, pineapple, banana cream and whipped ganache.

I hope this helps and gives you a little bump so you'll get more replies! icon_smile.gif

kim_catt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kim_catt Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:28am
post #3 of 4

thank you for your reply. Reading all of those make me really want to try new ones. lots of ideas.

thanks again.

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:06am
post #4 of 4

Toba Garretts French Vanilla Buttercream. Love it!

For other fillings, I think its worth checking out the forum post of:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554-.html

there are great new exciting flavor combos if you like the WASC variation method. There are great ideas for cakes, fillings and combos thanks MacsMom pouring out her heart to it! The 'google doc' that everyone is referring to it that nice long discussion is in MacMom's signature line or you can just follow this link:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

I think its nice to get the bride and groom to pick something different than just plain vanilla. Believe me... I get more compliments and the unique flavors offered for slicing at the wedding and more of those flavors go faster than the "plain tiers" (I allow the tiers to be different flavor combos).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%