Confused About Edible Icing Sheets, Cookies & Rice Paper

Decorating By CakeDiva73 Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 9:28am by RosieC

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:09am
post #1 of 3

So I jumped on the bandwagon and finally invested (oy!) in an edible image printer. I got the Epson NX400 for $59 and the Kopykake inks.

Here is the thing: I ordered a pack of frosting sheets from Kopykake but when I opened it, they are thick! I assumed we could cut the shapes out (must have been confused with the rice paper) but these sheets seem impossible to cut.

They are way too expensive to buy sheets in every option (round, mini-rounds, etc.) so I figured I could manipulate it myself but now I don't know.

Also, I was looking thru alot of the edible image cookies and there were some awesome cookies - flawless. What are they using? Rice paper?

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 8:56am
post #2 of 3

You should be able to cut through the paper with out much of a problem, You only place the top piece on the cake/cookie the backing is just that a thick piece of paper that backs the edible sheet.

RosieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RosieC Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:28am
post #3 of 3

I've not had a problem cutting mine out...just make sure you have a sharp pair of scissors...you just have to be a little careful handling it so as not to tear it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%