Wizard Of Oz Help

Decorating By arsing1 Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 4:00am by arsing1

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:33am
post #1 of 3

Calling all cake divas and goddesses! I'm making a Wizard of Oz themed cake for my mother in law's birthday next week. I know it's going to be a topsy-turvy, which I've never done before...scary. I've looked at all of the Wizard of Oz cakes on this site to get an idea. My husband is insistant on having the flying monkeys on the cake. I went to buy the figurines to put on the cake but they didn't carry them. Which means, I have to make them out of gumpaste or fondant. I have no clue where to start. I've only made a monkey out of fondant before...and it melted icon_sad.gif, poor monkey. Any clues as to how to start or construct these figures? I want to do as many characters as possible. Thanks for your help!

2 replies
juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:49am
post #2 of 3

If they don't have to be too realistic, I would suggest summernoelle's fondant animal tutorial (you can find it on CC) and aine2's youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Japb2mIHPI&feature=PlayList&p=0908E0CDE0BA29E9&index=0&playnext=1

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:00am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the link but unfortunately I can't view it. Our computer is actually my husbands work computer and it has youtube, photobucket and basically all of the really helpful sites blocked. Luckily I can use CC but I have to use the "quota time", which is given in 20 minute incriments. Yeah, it's a pain in the butt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%