Does It Sound Like I'm Finally Getting A Clue?

Decorating By ShortcakesSweets Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 9:01pm by jammjenks

ShortcakesSweets Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:31am
post #1 of 5

So my son is graduating from high school this year and we had to go to a senior parents meeting Tuesday to plan the reception for after the graduation ceremony. I had heard that one of the other mothers was a "baker" and didn't know if she just baked or also decorated cakes.
The administrator had mentioned that maybe the other baker and I could work together on the cake. I wasn't real comfortable with that idea but didn't tell her (the administrator). I know this other girl knows that I do cakes, but at the meeting we were discussing food and she never said SHE was doing the cake but tried to brush it off casually by saying, "the cake is taken care of," then looked at me and said, "you're being mighty quiet, what are you bringing." She had been really rude to me all during the meeting.
So instead of getting upset about not getting to do a FREE cake, I said, "I run my own bakery and only do paid cakes. I'm not going to fight over doing a free cake."

I wasn't being mean about it, I've just learned that once you start volunteering to bring the cake to a function, people will take advantage of you and EXPECT you to donate a cake for everything that goes on.

4 replies
tanyascakes Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:39am
post #2 of 5

Good for you!! Sounds like she planned on having you do it, to me. But I like that you stood up for yourself, without being mean or rude. Congrats to you for showing your stuff!!!!

summernoelle Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:45am
post #3 of 5

Hmph. She deserved it. Nothing bad about what you did-but if you are at all like me, you say something and then repeatedly think "was that rude? was that rude?" All I can say is good for you!

jammjenks Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 5

I love your response. Sounds like she had it coming. Good for you.

jammjenks Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 5

I love your response. Sounds like she had it coming. Good for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%