Help! Buttercream Separated?

Decorating By nolee Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 4:06am by ceshell

nolee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nolee Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:16am
post #1 of 4

So I made IMBC for the first time tonight. I usually make SMBC and it always turns out beautifully. The IMBC (made according to a recipe on CC) turned out great, but then I refridgerated it.

It's now lumpy and the liquid is separating in the bowl! Is there some damage control I can do here or am I scrapping the batch??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:34am
post #2 of 4

Same thing would have happened if you mixed up cold SMBC. Let it come to room temp or melt some and add it back... it will come back together.

nolee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nolee Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:39am
post #3 of 4

Thanks! I've never really refridgerated any batch of BC for a long period of time, I usually use it right away (I am the worlds BIGGEST procrastinator with making cakes! Like the kind who's up til 3 in the morning the the day of her wedding putting together her wedding cake!!!) This time I thought I would actually get some things done a couple days BEFORE the cake was due and then this happens! What a panic! But thats such a relief to hear it will bounce back! Thanks so much!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:06am
post #4 of 4

If it doesn't bounce back...it hasn't warmed up enough yet! That stuff is magical! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%