Airbrushing Touble..help

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 1:23pm by hellie0h

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 3

Came on looking for some quick replies. So I decided to contact you as you sound very experienced with airbrushing.

I have a airbrush kit, that i got for my bday, never used it until tonight, Ihave a cake due tomm...and I wanted to try it. I have the model 144AC From Airbrush city...it came with a plastic pen, and hoses, and 2cups. But along with that I got the GD100 pen which I was told is great for doing cakes.

My question is this, I connect both pens, and it blows air out, I turned every knob there is and all...I get only air...I had put water in it to try out the stream, and no water comes out...can you help me here and point me in a direction? Everything from what I can see is connected right. THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:10am
post #2 of 3

Sounds like you either don't have a needle or it is not seated right.

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 3

Are you pulling back on your dual action trigger to get the flow of water/color? With dual action you push down and back. Also is there a cap on the end of your airbrush?
Believe it or not, I used my airbrush several times, with splatter all over the place.....duh, I didn't realize the airbrush had a cap on the end.
Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%