Serious_Cakes Choco Bc Recipe

Baking By Ayanami Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 4:13am by Pebbles1727

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 5

I have already PM'd Serious_cakes about her recipe, but I have no idea if she's even online right now & I need help ASAP!! Here was my PM to S_C:

Quote:
Quote:

I am making your Choco BC recipe that I found in the recipe section & I have a couple of quick questions.

Do I have to use corn syrup? I just finished the batch, up to the point of adding all of the PS & the consistency is good for what I need. Do I Need to proceed with the rest of the recipe & add the corn syrup?

Also, do I need to refrigerate this? I am covering the cake today, but probably won't finish decorating it till tomorrow & it won't be eaten until Saturday.

I have made a different kind of Choco icing in the past & it turned to fudge when I refrigerated it. I don't want that to happen again.

TIA
Casey

If anyone else as used this recipe before or knows the answer to my questions, PLEASE!!! help.

Thank you!!!!!

4 replies
Ayanami Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 5

Oh yeah, here's the link to the recipe that I am using.

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7226-1-Chocolate-Buttercream-crusting.html

Thnx again.

Ayanami Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 5

impatienly self bumping.

there's gotta be someone on CC right now that can help!?

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:44am
post #4 of 5

when your other recipe turned to fudge, was it when it was still cold or after it had warmed up a bit after being taken out of the fridge?

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:13am
post #5 of 5

I usually add 1 or 2 tbsp of corn syrup. It does not seem to thin the icing, just gives it a little more pliability and makes it easier to spread.
Hope this helps, P

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%