Gumpaste/fondant Question

Decorating By ShellBell69 Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 9:22pm by msulli10

ShellBell69 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 5

Hi. I am wanting to start experimenting making bows and flowers. I have premade fondant and premade gumpaste. I have read people saying they use a 50/50 mix. Do I just take equal amounts of each and kneed them together? I have made just a few tiny daisy cut out flowers from plain fondant and while I think they are cute and pretty I would like to have a little more elasticity (hope that makes sense). Will this work? Also...what is gumpaste glue. Is it just water? Gumpaste mixed with water? Sugar water? HELP? I soooo want to make some figurines and things.

TIA for your help.

4 replies
jer702 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 5

put about 2 tablespoons of water in a small container with a tight fitting lid, crumble about one-half teaspoon of gum paste into the water and let the mixture sit until the gum paste dissolves in the water. Brush the resulting liquid anywhere you need to make gum paste pieces stick together.

I do believe its equal parts of each. I'm sure someone else with respond with helpful info, but just wanted to try and help.

ShellBell69 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you! I have wondered and wondered and sadly couldn't find it anywhere. Now to get some time to play. I can't wait to make a bow.

jer702 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 5

your very welcome. Good luck with it and who knows I might be asking for help with the bows soon cause I haven't attempted yet icon_biggrin.gif

msulli10 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 5

Another great "glue" that really works is using Tylose powder and water. I bought it online and the powder goes a long way. Just mix 1/4 tsp. with 2 Tablespoons of warm water. Let it sit and it will become very thick. It looks like clear glue and works fantastic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%