Be Truthful Now...

Decorating By bakery_chick Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm by dailey

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 14

I know it's vain, but I get so excited when I see my cakes on "Popular cakes added today". Lord help me if I ever get a cake on the "All Time Popular Cakes." Anyone else out there share my feelings???? icon_redface.gif

13 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 14

I was so pleased to see one of my postings in the popular St. Patty's day lineup.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 14

Maybe someday..........We all have our dreams and aspirations!

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 14

I Do! I Do!
The only time I was more "cake-cited" was when Indydebi commented on one of my cakes. (Whenever I tell my hubby about conversations on the board, he always wants to know what Debi said. He's glad I listen to someone!)

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 14

My Elmo cake came up in Popular Cakes added Today and I was so excited!!! icon_biggrin.gif Its a wonderful feeling.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 14

I am always thrilled to see one of my cakes on most popular, but I have also finally gotten used to not seeing my cakes get much notice.

Photos rarely show how great the cake really was... icon_razz.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:02pm
post #7 of 14

It's not vein. It's validation that you are accepted amongst your peers icon_biggrin.gif

and I have been there twice within a matter of a month. I was squeeing with delight for a couple months icon_lol.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:06pm
post #8 of 14

So how many hits on a pic do youneed to get into that catagory?

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:06pm
post #9 of 14

I totally know how you feel and its not "vain" at all (at least according to me when I have the same feelings lol). It's validation that our hard work and passion for this art form has paid off and that others who know & share our pains (and highs) can also appreciate the final product.

icon_smile.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:10pm
post #10 of 14

I get thrilled when I see my cakes on the popular list! Every once in a while I will log on and giggle, then look at hubby and say, "Guess who made it to all time popular today!" He'll just smile and say, "That's good!"

I almost fainted one day when two different cakes of mine made it into the all-time popular category on the same day. They had to nail my feel to the floor so I didn't float away. That was a wonderful validation that I appreciate greatly coming from my peers!!

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:10pm
post #11 of 14

What is the criteria for getting on "Popular Cakes"--is it number of views or number of favorite saves???

Congrats to all of you. YOur cakes never fail to amaze me--and somehow keep getting better and better. Can you imagine what the cakes will look like this time next year? thumbs_up.gif

allie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allie73 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:12pm
post #12 of 14

I'm always totally chuffed when I see one of my cakes in the "faves." I think that I've come a long way in the last three years, and it's nice to get that validation!

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:19pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkinkema

What is the criteria for getting on "Popular Cakes"--is it number of views or number of favorite saves???

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the number of saves but not sure what the minimum is or if it's by category or what exactly. But it definitely isn't just by how many have viewed it.

And to get to All Time Popular...well IF I ever get there, I'd be too ecstatic to know what's going on lol. I was already floating when one of my cakes had more than 50 saves and I know it takes MUCH MORE than that icon_biggrin.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkinkema

Congrats to all of you. YOur cakes never fail to amaze me--and somehow keep getting better and better. Can you imagine what the cakes will look like this time next year? thumbs_up.gif

i*think* to be on "popular today" you need 4 people to add it as a "favorite". to be in "all-time popular", you need 100 people to add as favorites.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%