Handyman/woman Needed!

Decorating By isabow2 Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 2:18pm by isabow2

isabow2 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:17pm
post #1 of 6

Ok I recently purchased a acrylic rolling pin off eBay for fondant. However when I received it, it was broken. I contacted the seller who felt bad & decided to send me some acrylic glue. I was skeptical to say the least, but thought at least buying the glue & shipping it to me cost them a little. When I received the glue it had a wonderful statement about how it could cause cancer on the side of the tube (disclosed as per California law) icon_surprised.gif . So obviously I CANNOT use this adhesive on anything that comes into contact with food. So is there any way I can fix the roller? It is still usable, only about a 2 inch portion broke off, but I'd like to fix it if I can.

5 replies
kaat Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 6

I'd be afraid to use it in casse pieces start falling off. I would contact the manufacturer directly. Wilton replaced my roller after it warped.

punkinpie Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 6

Did the package have insurance on it?

isabow2 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 6

No there wasn't insurance. I can see the manufacturer replacing the rolling pin if I'd bought it from a reputable cake supply company, but I'm not sure they'd do anything since I purchased it from an individual via eBay. But I guess I can still try...

punkinpie Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 2:04pm
post #5 of 6

You could explain to the company that it was packaged appropriately and
you are disappointed that the product didn't hold up well. Maybe it is defective?

Most companies are responsive to people who are disappointed in the quality and durability of their product.

Good Luck!

isabow2 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 6

Haha, never thought of taking that approach. Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%