Any Ideas For Curious George Cake ???

Decorating By pattycakes55d Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 2:34pm by pattycakes55d

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:57am
post #1 of 10

A little girl's birthday theme is Curious George and I'm making the cake. Does anyone have any interesting ideas, other than the yellow hat?

Thanks a lot,

9 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 7:13am
post #2 of 10

Hi pattycakes55d and welcome to CC!

Right now all I can think of is the hat or George himself (I'm very tired and it's after 3 am icon_lol.gif ) but I did a quick search in the galleries and there are a lot of cakes with the Curious George them maybe one of them will inspire you???

If not hopefully hopefully someone else will chime in. Sorry I couldn't help anymore. icon_redface.gif

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 7:31am
post #3 of 10

Have you seen the movie version that came out a few years ago? There is a scene where George gets into paint cans and there are little monkey paw prints everywhere. Something showing how adorably mischievous George can be would be fun.

Or George chasing a butterfly. He loves to do that.

What did you have in mind for the size?

nanny6sap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanny6sap Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 10

nanny6sap here, I have a Curious George cake in my photos that may help. I'm a hand drawer and used the plate from the decorations as inspiration. Outlined it in bc & filled in with startip bc with a two toned border. Have fun. icon_smile.gif

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 10

I did a monkey cake recently that you could probably reproduce but make it more "curious george" like. The bananas are RKT covered in fondant.

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:06pm
post #6 of 10

my cake was based on the painting story...I handpainted the details using thinned buttercream and a paintbrush. HTH
LL

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:11pm
post #7 of 10

I made a cute George cake last year. I can't post the pic for some reason. But, I made a 2 layer 9x13 sheet cake and made it to look like a Curious George book. I made george out of color flow but he cracked. If I ever did it again, I would either pipe him directly on or do FBCT.

MARIATAMIA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARIATAMIA Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 10

I had this same dilemma last year. I searched the galleries and found quite a few cakes with this theme. Infact I used one of them as my inspiration and it came out really nice. Check out the galleries and look at my pic. Good luck and have fun. thumbs_up.gif

Christina9702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina9702 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:27pm
post #9 of 10

I made a curious george cake last year for my son's first birthday and found that using bowls to bake the cake for the head and body worked well. I made a large sheet cake to make the legs, arms, and ears. Sorry I don't have a picture on this computer to post. Another idea is finding a picture that you like and doing a buttercream transfer. I found these are much easier than building cakes and less time consuming. Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:34pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you very much for all your great ideas and support. I especially liked the idea of going thru the book.

I really appreciate all the support that this community has given me. I feel part of something great.!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%