Brownie "cake"....

Decorating By mamaof3 Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 7:33am by ceshell

mamaof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamaof3 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:10am
post #1 of 3

My sister is getting married next year & she has asked me to make her wedding cake. The problem is she doesn't actually want cake.... she wants a cake made of brownies... with a cream cheese/buttercream icing. My question is how would you do this and is it even possible? Would the brownie & cream cheese taste good or would the buttercream be better?

Her groom has asked for cheesecake for his grooms cake. I'm excited to make cheesecake (because I LOVE it!) but sad at the idea of no actual cake for the wedding.

Thank you for any thoughts, ideas, suggestions & advice!

2 replies
gr8_seamstress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8_seamstress Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:36am
post #2 of 3

yes it is possible. bake your brownies layer them with cream cheese icing use like you would cake. brownies should work very well as they are dense.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 7:33am
post #3 of 3

I have seen other posts here where this has been done. As just mentioned, it will work just fine, just dowel and stack like you would regular cake.

Cream cheese icing will taste great with brownies, I would not worry about that one bit! I have even seen brownie recipes that are combo chocolate-cream cheese; it's a common combination.

Brownies are sooooooo yummy, I would love to get a big honkin' slice of brownie layered with cream cheese icing at a wedding! icon_smile.gif The guests will probably love it too. mmm...chocolate...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%