How Would I Start?

Decorating By Sweet_Cakes Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 4:22am by gerripje

Sweet_Cakes Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:58am
post #1 of 5

My brother wants a strawberry cheesecake cake for his birthday. How do I combine cheesecake flavors into a cake? Where do I start to make my own recipe? Where can I learn the fundamentals of cake baking? Thanks so much! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
gerripje Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:06am
post #2 of 5

You could go to for information. As for flavour, maybe try strawberry cream cheese filling. The recipe is on here. HTH

lindambc Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:06am
post #3 of 5

Here is my strawberry cheesecake cake, it is a combination of recipes I got on here:

Strawberry Cheesecake Cake

Graham Cracker WASC
Prep. Time:
Cook Time:
Category: White Cakes
Difficulty: Easy

There has been many requests for this recipe so I thought I would post it for easy reference for everyone, it was originally created by Rebecca Sutterby. This is the best white cake!! You have to try it!!! This recipe can easily be halved.

2 boxes white cake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup ground graham crackers
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 teas. salt
8 egg whites
2 2/3 cups water
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cups (16oz carton) sour cream
4 teaspoon clear vanilla flavor or 3 tsp. vanilla bean paste & 1 tsp. vanilla flavor

Mix all dry ingredients by hand using a whisk in a very large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees

***One recipe makes: one 14" round + one 6" round
or one 16" round
or one 12" round + one 10" round
or one 12x18" sheet cake
or one 12" round + one 8" round + one 6"

Half a recipe makes: two 8" rounds
or two 6" rounds + 6 cupcakes

Mock Cheesecake Filling
By macsmom

It's a mock-cheesecake filling, actually:

16 oz cream cheese, softened
4 c Frostin Pride or Bettercreme
2 pkgs cheesecake pudding mix

Beat cream cheese 'til smooth cream cheese. Blend the dry pudding mixes into the whipped Bettercreme; blend into the cream cheese.

Strawberry Filling

Pastry Pride whipped vanilla topping
Washed, dried and sliced strawberries

Pastry Pride or Bettercreme Whipped Topping for icing
Crushed Graham Crackers for side of cake

I made the graham cracker wasc cake, layered itwith the cheesecake filling and fresh sliced strawberries.

It tastes amazing. You can try it or use it for ideas on your own!

Good Luck

baycheeks1 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:06am
post #4 of 5

I have heard of making the cake the regular way, and then instead of putting filling/BC in the middle of the layers, a good layer of cheesecake. Then the next layer of cake, then icing it. I would think either make a cheesecake and mix with strawberries...then fill the cake.....or make a strawberry cheesecake and fill the cake. I am pretty sure you should sort of like whip the cheesecake or make it atleast spreadable.

Don't know exactly, but I hope it helps.

gerripje Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:22am
post #5 of 5

You could go to for information. As for flavour, maybe try strawberry cream cheese filling. The recipe is on here. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%