Got My Lorann Emulsions

Baking By HeidiCrumbs Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 1:28am by kendraskitchen

HeidiCrumbs Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 4

I ordered the lemon and almond, and butter-vanilla and buttery sweet dough. I'm kind of bummed because even though I know these aren't "extracts" and contain artificial ingredients, I though they weren't going to smell so fake, for lack of a better word. The lemon one smells good, but like chap stick, the almond one smells fine, but the two buttery ones just smell like sweet chemicals. At least this makes my decision easier to market my cookies with all natural ingredients. Just wanted to share that with you all, in case you're thinking of using them. And I haven't baked with them yet so they might taste fine, it's just that I don't like that odd sweet taste that some cookies have and I'm sure that is what this flavor is going to taste like. I'll let you know after I've used them too. Has anyone else used these?

3 replies
tammy712 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 4

HeidiCrumbs
I have the almond emulsion and it is good but a little goes along way. I also had the miss fortune of buying the CK creme bouquet, used it once what a waste.

CNCS Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 4

I use the lemon and orange in my cooking/baking and I really like the taste.

kendraskitchen Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:28am
post #4 of 4

I have the Princess Emulsion and love it in cookies. I also use it in French Toast - yum!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%