Need Some Ideas And Help On This One....!

Decorating By apetricek Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 3:31am by ClassyMommy

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 6

I already posted this earlier, but for some reason it didn't post....
So one of my clients called me to do a cake for his daughter's sweet 16 party. Ok no problem there...the cake is to be for 250 people..and she doesn't really want a tiered cake since it would look too "weddingy". Ok so how am I to go about a cake for 250 people...he mentioned something about a sheet cake? Ok well how stinkin' big is he thinking of a sheet cake...She is supposed to get a design she has in mind to me, and I told him that I would also come up with some designs...should I still try and push the tiered cake? I thought I could do something very fun and teen-ish then do cupcakes to surround the bottom of the cake. I was thinking about 100 cupcakes, then the tiered cake, I then would put all the same work (flowers that she requested) on the cake and the cuppies......what should I do...?????I am concerned in having room for all the cakes, and transporting them...oh what to do....I already have the idea drawn up based on the color and theme of the party...what would you guys do? Any help would be much appreciated...thanks so much for taking the time to read this!

5 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 6

Two 12x18 cakes put together and frosted as one is a large sheetcake can feed 90-100. If you make that two layers high, you should get around 200 servings. It will be 18x24 x about 4 inches high. It will be very heavy and you need to get a strong base for it and you need two people to carry it. Still, it doesn't feed 250! Make one more single layer 12x18 sheetcake on a separate board with simple decorations for extra servings.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 6

tell her Miley had a tiered cake icon_lol.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 1:38am
post #4 of 6

There are so many great teen tiered ideas in the galleries you should be able to come up w/a few ideas to present to them.
Yes, littlelinda is right..you could do a dbl layer sheet but........it will be big!, heavy! and hard to handle icon_sad.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 8:59am
post #5 of 6

How about whimsical/topsy turvy type cake, if it's bright and whimsical it won't have a weddingy look to it.

ClassyMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyMommy Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:31am
post #6 of 6

Wow! What a sweet 16! I think that the dad would have a different idea if he saw some of the sweet 16 cakes that are on this site! Also, if you tell him what Little linda said...maybe he will have a different idea. I mean once you start and say "well, I could piece together two 12X18 blah, blah, blah.........hopefully he will get the idea?!?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%