Where To Cake Ingredients In Bulk?

Decorating By Lovelymeets Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 10:01pm by Lovelymeets

Lovelymeets Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 6

I work full time and bake, decorate cake as a hobby just for family and friends. Recently all my friends and their friends and everyone they know have been contacting me for their cake requirements.

I buy colors, flour, cake boxes, cake boards, decorative paper to cover the boards etc from stores such as walmart or Michaels. But i m sure there must be stores or online websites that sell these things in bulk and cheaper.

Where can i can buy or order icing colors and other stuff in bulk for a more reasonable price than these stores?

I am located in San Jose, Bay Area, California

Would appreciate your response

5 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 6

try googling a bakery supply shop in your area... where are you located?

indydebi Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 6

boxes: http://www.brpboxshop.com/index_all_bakery_boxes_with_images.html

cake supplies in general: http://countrykitchensa.com/

I dont' know what kind of volume you are looking at, but please remember that buying in bulk doesn't mean buying cheaper .... it means buying cheaper because you are buying in high volume. 50lbs bags of flour instead of 5lb bags .... 100 boxes of the same size instead of 10. A case of 12 jars of blue food coloring instead of 1 jar each of 12 colors.

I apologize if you are already aware of this, but I've encountered too many people who think "I'll buy my one jar of red food coloring at bulk pricing and save money." icon_confused.gif

doreenre Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 6

Yup, I get all that from my local cake supply store.

Bulk items for baking (eggs, powdered sugar, etc.), I find at Costco.

adonisthegreek1 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 6

Warehouse stores like Costco or Sam's Club. Also GFS (Gordon's Food Service)

Lovelymeets Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:01pm
post #6 of 6

HI all

Thanks for your info. I am located in bay Area. Yes i do buy flour, eggs at Costco. It just that i find difficulty locating a store that sells boards, boxes, colors for less.

Quote by @%username% on %date%