Forgot: How Long Do Cookies Stay Fresh For?

Baking By dellswife Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 11:55pm by dellswife

dellswife Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 6

How long will the cookies stay fresh for? Can I bake and freeze them ahead of time and decorate just before I need them?

Or if I pull them from the oven and do my decorating, how long after I pull them out generally will they stay "fresh"?
Thanks again!

5 replies
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 6

bump

GayeG Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 6

Heres a link to others answers to this question - HTH!!
Hope you can find the anwser you need!
I usually bake mine 3 days ahead - first day bake and flood - 2nd day to decorate and 3rd day to bag.
As far as freezing goes, you can freeze naked or decorated and on this thread you will find the answer to how long everyone recommends ... Happy Baking!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-615500.html

dellswife Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 6

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I think I am going to make and decorate and freeze my cookies 2 weeks ahead of time. Not only do I have an ambitious cake to make, but I will be 26 weeks pregnant the day of the birthday party and I don't want to wear myself out! LOL.

I learned in that thread to thaw the cookies in the same container you freeze them in so they don't sweat. I hope it works! I do have red and black on my cookies....
Hmmmmmmm. Well, I'm at least going to bake the cookies ahead of time :p

GayeG Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 6

Im so glad you found the answers you needed!

You absolutly need to do as much ahead of time!! Plus that way your not too tired too enjoy that party! And congrats on the almost new .. little one! they are such a blessing!

Just make sure those cookies are COMPLETLY dry b4 freezing - that should keep those red & blacks from bleeding!

Good Luck! and post pics!! Gaye

dellswife Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 6

Great tip! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%