Price Wedding Favor Cookies

Baking By samantha22c Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 8:25pm by bakinccc

samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 18

How much would you a piece for these cookies? Is $1 a piece too much?
LL

17 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 18

Are you kidding..I wouldn't do those cookies for a wedding favor for under $3.00.. each.They are a tremendous amount of work!!! By the time you consider packaging,ribbon etc...I wouldn't do them for less but probably more like $5.00 each...but I guess it depends on your area and the economy there and what people are/aren't willing to pay for! JMO icon_smile.gif

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 18

Wow, $1 a piece? You are way underselling yourself!

I would say $2.50 a piece is a VERY conservative price, but $3 would probably be more like it. Those are quite detailed.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 18

i too struggle with cookie pricing but i've learned to charge what they are worth-the time and detail make them worth more 3-$4 per cookie (and you could probably ask for more with packaging and ribbon or tags) btw those are very cute lvoe them

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 18

I do stenciled cookies for wedding favors, nothing piped like yours and I charge $1.50 a piece for them. Yours have much more labor involved....

Very pretty cookies!!!!

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 18

You should chrage more than that...a lot of people on here usually say $1 per inch...so if it a 4 in cookie, people chrage $4.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 18

Cookies this detailed take a considerable amount of time to decorate. You'll find after you do about a hundred of them that $1 each doesn't even begin to cover your cost.

I'd start them at probably $3 or $3.50. That's a TON of custom, detail work!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And by the way - they're GORGEOUS!

valerieInga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieInga Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:12pm
post #8 of 18

I've never sold cookies but I do decorate them. I've seen simple decorated coolies at Chapters for $7.00 each. And I bet they don't taste as good. If people will pay that, I'd agree with the others that $3.00 ea is a good price for a large order.

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 18

I'm in Houston, as well, and for a plain monogrammed heart without packaging, I charge $2.50 a piece. For yours, it would be AT LEAST $4.00 a piece without packaging.

That being said, if you are not baking out of a legal commercial kitchen, your costs would be lower than mine, so you could charge less. Definitely dont go less than $3.00 a piece. Your time and talent are worth more than that.

The cookies are GORGEOUS icon_smile.gif

live2create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
live2create Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:30pm
post #10 of 18

WOW they are beautiful, a $1.00 OMG you are so selling yourself short. If you did 100 in 8 hrs ( with mixing, baking,decorating, and packaging) I would think it would take longer, but anyways you would only be making 12.50 an hour, and thats not even taking into consideration the cost of ingred. Then consider the word gets out just how awesome your cookies are, and how cheap you sell them for, you have already short changes yourself. Heck I would love to buy them from you for a $1.00 then I'll resell them for $3.00, I made $200.00 and didn't do a darn thing. Please rethink this one. Best of Luck you do GREAT WORK

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm
post #11 of 18

$1 is way way way too cheap. I agree that $3 is fair but it also depends if it's a 3" or 5" cookie, KWIM?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:13pm
post #12 of 18

how long did it take you to make these cookies?

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 11:10pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

how long did it take you to make these cookies?

I could be wrong but I don't think she made those. ( Didn't see them in her photos) but they are a gorgeous choice. And they look like they take forever and a bloody day to make.

I almost fell off my stool when I saw the picture and the quote of $1. No less than $3 a piece, seriously. Or are they for a friend and they are to be a gift?

Because if you are only charging $1 per cookie, you are giving someone a really valuable gift. icon_smile.gif

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 11:45pm
post #14 of 18

That is the very talented bakinccc's work-and I doubt very much that she would have sold those gorgeous cookies for $1 a piece. More like $3-$4 or even more. They are incredible!

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 2:14am
post #15 of 18

Yep - those are my cookies!!!!! (thanks yankeegal!!!) I know I'm going to disappoint a lot of people but I only charge $2.50 each for them....$2.75 if individually bagged with curly ribbon. I know, I know, I should be charging more because they're just a bit over 3 inches but I'm close to the $1/inch rule!!! They're really not a lot of work. They're one of those cookies that for me are quick and easy to make.

I have to say I'm thrilled that you all think I should charge more for them. I feel a price increase coming on!!!!!!!!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 11:55am
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakinccc

I have to say I'm thrilled that you all think I should charge more for them. I feel a price increase coming on!!!!!!!!

Add me to the list of people blown away by how gorgeous they are, and that you could definitely charge more! They are so precisely detailed...awesome!

samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:29pm
post #17 of 18

Yes I found these cookies online and just fell in love with them. Thanks for the inspiration and all the advice on pricing.

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 8:25pm
post #18 of 18

Hey samantha - I'm glad you liked the cookies! I hope you take everyone's advice and charge more than I do!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%