Anyone In Here On The Treasure Coast??? Port St Lucy???

Business By sadsmile Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 11:50am by Auryn

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 8

My family is moving from Central FL to the Port St. Lucy area soon! I can't wait! I am not starting a shop or anything so I am no competition. I just make for family and friends...LOL But I just wondered if any of you wonderful cakers are over there. I am excited about moving and now I wonder where I am going to get my supplies or if I will get to meet any new friends!

7 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 8

Well let me be the first to welcome you to south florida.
I hope you like the sun and humidity.

I live about 60 miles south of Port St. Lucie, but my boyfriend lives in Port St.Lucie so I am there every other weekend basically.
I love it there, people are nice, the beach is fantastic and theres always something to do or some festival going on.
Theres a brand new JoAnns thats going to open in April, and of course theres Michaels and AC Moore.
There used to be a couple of cake decorating supply stores, but they have closed.

Feel free to pm me, I'm always up for making new friends.

Joybeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joybeth Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 8

Well hello, I live in Okeechobee, about 35 minutes away from Port St. Lucie. I too just bake for family and friends. I have to come over to PSL to get my decorating supplies at Michaels in Traditions. (a small ritzy shopping community on 95) Other than Michaels and walmart I am not familiar with any other stores to get supplies from around here. I would love to know if anyone else does. Anyway, welcome to the area!!

sadsmile Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 8

We are coming from kissimmee Florida which really isn't that far away. I love Florida weather! Thanks for the welcome! icon_cool.gif

Auryn Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 8

ahh well
then we don't need to get you acquainted icon_wink.gif

welcome to the coast icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 8

We are looking at houses near and in Traditions. The houses are like pop corn right now...they are popping up available and disappearing just as fast! The hard part is I can't go look. I am on-line looking at the pics of the houses and the areal map and he is over there walking the homes. But that works out because I can go from a floor plan and he is the one that has to see things in person..LOL Just found out we either have to find something ASAP and move with in 3 1/2 weeks or wait till June to move but our house might sell and we will have to be out before June so I better get packing! AAAAHHHHG!

Juniperco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juniperco Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:42am
post #7 of 8

Welcome!

There is a private cake decorating store on US1 in Port St. Lucie, the west side between Village Green and Prima Vista Blvd. I believe the name of it is Artistic Inspirations, but I am not 100% sure. She just moved there a few months ago - it's in the corner of a shopping plaza.

I also go to JayMar in Stuart to pick up cake supplies (in the TJMaxx/Office Depot shopping center on US1).

They are also building a new Joann's - should be pretty large - set to open in April on US1 (why does it seem all these stores are on us1?) in Jensen Beach, which is minutes from PSL.

If you are moving into Tradition, you'll be a good 20 ish minutes from US1.

Best of luck!

Auryn Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 11:50am
post #8 of 8

ooo
good to know
im going up to psl tomorrow and i just might have to check out those stores

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%