Scroll Work

Decorating By KawaiiCakeCook Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 11:39pm by KawaiiCakeCook

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 10

I wasn't really sure where to put this. I found this amazing artist and I think that her ideas would be great for scroll work. You can find her on flickr at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theartdream/sets/72157613594604091/

I used one of her designs for this cake
LL

9 replies
chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 10

Thanks for posting that. I have been looking for some examples of scrolls. THANKS!! THANKS!!

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:34am
post #3 of 10

isn't she awesome!!! I love the peacock. I keep looking for an excuse to use it.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:00am
post #4 of 10

Thanks for posting this! Those are some gorgeous ideas. If I ever get past the "Very, very beginner" stage, I''ll try some of those designs.

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:58am
post #5 of 10

I've only done cakes for about 8 months now. You'd be surprised at how quick this was to pick up. I printed her art out in black in white put it under that plastic yellow practicy thingy you get for your icing and traced it with icing about 10 times then did it on the cake.

AFBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AFBarbie Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:12am
post #6 of 10

Beautiful designs. Thank you for sharing the site with us. I see quite a few I would love to try.

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks for sharing good idea.

_ROYALTY_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_ROYALTY_ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:56pm
post #8 of 10

I am venturing into the 'scroll work' territory this week... I have no orders for this weekend so i am going to make a cake and just decorate it with all the things I have been wanting to try, so now if I screw it up I can just eat it and try again icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:09pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ROYALTY_

...i am going to make a cake and just decorate it with all the things I have been wanting to try, so now if I screw it up I can just eat it and try again icon_smile.gif

Isn't that the best icon_lol.gif ? Mistakes that don't have to be thrown out and taste great to boot. icon_smile.gif

Welcome to CC!

You've got some great looking cakes! thumbs_up.gif

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:39pm
post #10 of 10

I find scroll work with color on color a good way to cover up my inability to smooth out icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%