How Would Something Like This Work>?

Business By nikki72905 Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 1:42pm by VSP2205

nikki72905 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all! This is a total Hypothetical question because I am just doing some research/thinking/brain storming.

My church has a liscenced kitchen (we have two churches and both have kitchens that are liscenced.) If I decided to start a business, and asked the church if I could bake there, would this surfice as a liscenced kitchen and would I have to do anything else?

I live in PA, where you can have a home based bakery, but my home is not suitable. A. because I live someplace that people would not come to (in the middle of no where) and B. because I have pets and I am not willing to give them up (somedays I am, but not really - LOL) I know my church could use extra money and the have space/time most days of the week, but I was just curious to see if anyone knew if I would have to have someone come in and inspect an already liscenced kitchen.

I love baking cakes and decorating.... I am just trying to think of possibilities. and get my little duckies in a row before I even think about starting a little side business.

Thanks for all the help.

1 reply
VSP2205 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 2

I'm in Maine and all you have to do is show the town hall that it's already a liscenced kitchen or they can even just look it up because they should have it on file. You can call you local town hall or state agriculture office and they can tell you exactly what you need to do.

Hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%