My Tiara Went Yellow!!!

Decorating By Kerry_Kake Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 10:34pm by Kerry_Kake

Kerry_Kake Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 8

So, I made a tiara using the template from this site and it turned out great. Then I bought some pearl dust and thought I would accent it in some areas. I thought it was good until I checked it the next was yellow in the spots I put the pearl dust on. I did use clear vanilla extract with it. So what went wrong? Luckily this tiara was just a test and not an order...but I was going to use this tiara on my friends cake that is coming up. Can I save it?

PS. Now I'm scared to use this stuff on a wedding cake I'm going to do for the first time icon_surprised.gif

7 replies
patticakesnc Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 8

Hmmmm. Don't know why it would do is a bump.

Kerry_Kake Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 8

I knew I would get you all stumped on this one. But I can tell you this but it doesn't really make sense though.
I used a new brush and the bristles are yellow. BUT the first section I did on the tiara did not go yellow. so if it was the brush why wouldn't the first part go yellow? icon_rolleyes.gif

patticakesnc Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 8

Maybe it took a little more of the alcohol from the vanilla to actually make it start bleeding....

Kerry_Kake Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 8

That's kinda what I was thinking icon_wink.gif
I'm just glad it happened on that and not a wedding cake icon_surprised.gif
-can you say DISASTER?!?! LOL

brincess_b Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 8

id change the colour scheme to a yellow gold one!

ngfcake Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:27pm
post #7 of 8

Yellow is the perfect base for GOLD!!! So, a golden tiara would be great! thumbs_up.gif

Kerry_Kake Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:34pm
post #8 of 8

Cool, I can gold luster dust it! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%