Help With Flavor Combo

Decorating By Reganlynn Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 6:37pm by FromScratch

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 9

Hello,

I have a request for a marble cake with some sort of chocolate filling, but they need they need it iced in buttercream because I have to make the cake pink. What do you suggest for a chocolate filling? The only thing I can think of is pudding, but does that go well with buttercream? Help!

Thank You!

8 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 9

you could fill it with a chocolate fudge filling. or maybe cookies and cream. or even a peanut butter filling. they all soung good to me, and I think they will all go good with buttercream icing.hth

renee2007 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 9

sorry, I just realized you said chocolate filling. icon_redface.gif so, I would go with a chocolate fudge. icon_lol.gif

Reganlynn Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 9

Thank You! Do you have a recipe for a chocolate fudge filling, or can you point me in the right direction?

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 9

You can use whipped ganache as filling as well. I am curious why it HAS to be butter cream because its pink? Fondant can be tinted pink, or is there another reason?

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:52pm
post #6 of 9

You could make a ganache. That's the perfect chocolate filling. It's just cream and chocolate. I make it with 8 oz of dark chocolate to every cup of heavy cream. Bring your cream to a boil in a sauce pan and remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Let it sit for a a few minutes and stir until smooth. Let the mixture cool to room temp and use as you want. If it's cold where you are you might have to warm it slightly to get it to spread nicely. You can use it to frost a cake too. icon_smile.gif

renee2007 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:54pm
post #7 of 9

I just used the chocolate fudge that you buy for ice cream. another thought.... if you go to the gourmet flavor thread http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554.html macsmom has a chocolate truffle filling that I made last week and it is awesome. that would be really good. hth icon_smile.gif

Reganlynn Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:05pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you all so much!! This helps a lot!! The reason I said it had to be buttercream was because they said they don't want fondant. The color needs to be pink, is there something other than buttercream I can use? I am fairly new to this! Thank You!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:37pm
post #9 of 9

Ganache will not run like the canned stuff will, but that would work in a pinch. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%