Creme Bouquet Flavor Enhancer

Decorating By MistyNV30 Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm by luvsfreebies72

MistyNV30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyNV30 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:51am
post #1 of 6

I bought some yesterday because I was told it would help with the sweetness of icing. This came from the lady at the cake supplie store. So I went with it. Now my question is how much would you use? Also while I was there I had asked her about RIchs Bettercreme and she looked at me as if I was CRAZY. She had no idea of what it was. But she recomended two other icings. But of course the are in 50lb. blocks or tub. But she said she would look into it for me and she what she can do. A positive note.

5 replies
flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 11:21am
post #2 of 6

I LOVE creme bouquet! However, I don't know that it "helps with sweetness" It adds like a citrusy flavor, IMO. I just use 1/4 tsp to a recipe that has 2 lbs. powder sugar. When I used more, it stood out to people too much. 1/4 stp. seems enough to just enhance the flavor.
BTW I use 2 tsp of vanilla plus the creme bouquet.

I don't use Bettercream, but from discussions here on CC, it's only available from Sam's, GFS and the like. It's like a secret!

MistyNV30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyNV30 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 11:24am
post #3 of 6

Thanks! I will try it tomorrow and see what happens.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 11:27am
post #4 of 6

I will have to try the 1/4 tsp because I used 4 tablespoons when making Sugar Shack's icing one time (it was the only thing I had) and while I thought it was overpowering, the people who ate the cake (a lemon) thought it was perfect. But I don't think it helps with sweetness at all either.

tinker48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinker48 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:48pm
post #5 of 6

I have been using this particular flavoring for over 10 years, you have to put it in your water that you are putting into the cake mix. Take 2 tablespoons out of the mearsured amount of water for cake mix and put in 2 tablespoons of Creme Bouquet. Stir and then add to cake mix. It gives the perfect something in your cakes. I also put it in my bakery icing, powdered sugar, crisco and water, you take 2 tablespoons of water out and put in 2 tablespoons of creme bouquet in, stir and add to icing mixture.
You should do the same thing if you use Almond Extract. The person who taught me how to make cakes, worked for Swss Bakery in New Orleans, LA. She said the secret to using the flavorings is to mix it in the water that goes into the cake or icings. Swiss is a favorite pick for Wedding Cakes, they are superb. Hope this helps
Tinker48
Chalmette, Louisiana

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm
post #6 of 6

I can't stand the flavor of creme bouquet. To me it makes the icing taste like it came from a grocery store bakery and makes the icing way sweeter than normal.

I know there are people on here that like it *shrugs*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%