Please Help. What Do You Recommend?

Decorating By paula19 Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 9:24pm by paula19

paula19 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:52am
post #1 of 4

I'm going to make a cake for my sister's b-day (she's turning 15 this weekend) and I want to know what you guys recommend to use when doing decorations like in the picture- wire, plastic sticks... what? I want to use wire, but I want to know if there's special wire for cakes. And I don't want to buy them online, so where would you guys go to buy them? Have in mind I'm looking for something economical too, please icon_smile.gif

3 replies
brincess_b Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:26am
post #2 of 4

its floristry wire, something like a 20 guage, (thicker wire for heavier object though). i think in the states your usual stores for cake stuff have them. when you stick them inside a cake, they should go inside something like a drinking straw, it helps to stop them falling and ripping the cake.

tiggy2 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 4

You can buy the wire at any craft store. I use the coffee stirrers to stick them into as they are much smaller then a straw.

paula19 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies you guys. It helps icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%