Mmf Covered Cake Questions

Decorating By Rena3196 Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 4:09am by beck30

Rena3196 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:03am
post #1 of 6

Hi! I'm new to cake decorating and to CC. I will be making my first MMF fondant covered tiered cake for my GD B-day this weekend. I am wondering if I should cover the cake in fondant on Friday? And if so how should I store the MMF covered cake til Saturday when i plan on decorating it? Or should I cover the cake Saturday morning, then decorate? I am also concerned about how hard will the MMF get when we cut into it on Saturday. Any Tips and/or suggestions?

5 replies
gr8_seamstress Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 5:13am
post #2 of 6

You should be just fine covering the day before decorating.

patticakesnc Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 6

I have covered them a day before and never had a hardening problem with the MMF. I keep it in a cake box though. If you are going to do this I would keep the tiers covered and assemble the day of the event.

mellormom Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 6

in my expereince MMF doesn't get hard (at least it hasn't for me yet). I've left my completed cakes out for hours and the fondant is still soft. You should cover it when possible for freshness of course. If you let the cakes sit overnight with the fondant on you can then smooth out any bumps from the frosting the seeps out the sides.
Jen...

Creative_chika Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:57am
post #5 of 6

I did a cake with MMF the night before the party and the next day it was perfectly fine.

beck30 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:09am
post #6 of 6

ive done cakes the night before and they have all been fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%