Navy Blue Fondant???

Decorating By Cakeonista Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 9:28pm by Cakeonista

Cakeonista Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:48am
post #1 of 6

Can anyone give me some help on making navy blue fondant for a baseball cap? Should I just purchase navy food coloring? I've read a lot on here that dark deep colors are hard to achieve. Never tried a dark color like this and am not sure. Thanks

5 replies
Ballymena Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:15am
post #2 of 6

Use the darkest blue you can find and add a bit of black. It does take a lot of color.

Cakeonista Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 6

MARY thumbs_up.gif

Teekakes Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 6

I use the Americolor "Navy Blue". It will achieve a nice dark Navy for you without having to add any other colors. I have cakes in my photos with Navy Blue buttercream and fondant roses, etc.....All were colored with the above. icon_smile.gif

PinkZiab Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 6

Rather than putzing around with paste colors I buy pre-colored satin ice and use those color to custom blend what I need. It makes life SO much easier (and less messy lol). Satin ice also has a mixing chart available for some basic colors (but you can use other charts available online for more blending options). Just another option!

Cakeonista Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:28pm
post #6 of 6

Your absolutley right Zab but unfortunately I got this order at the last minute and couldn't say no, so I have to putz a little. lol thanks everyone for your advice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%