Help! I Need Scooby Doo Cake Ideas

Decorating By MochaCupcake1 Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 2:31am by beck30

MochaCupcake1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MochaCupcake1 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:32am
post #1 of 13

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum, but not new to cake decorating. I am so clueless to this lovely site. There is so much to see on here I don't know where to even start to look. I love all the beautiful cakes I have seen so far, and that is why I am asking you all for some help with my soon to be 7yr. olds son's cake. He really loves Scooby Doo, and I need some ideas on what to do. I am open to anything. Thank you to anyone who can help.

Mocha Cupcake1

12 replies
samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 13

maybe you could have scooby doo doing your sons favorite activity or hobby. You could have him fishing, playing basketball or swimming. I look for inspiration in coloring books sometimes or looking through the gallery. Good Luck.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 13

I would google "images" of scooby doo and see what pictures pop up ... they could inspire you.

Welcome to the site. You'll be addicted soon!

eilidh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilidh Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 13

My son loves scooby too, I would do their van and maybe a paste figure or two?

Good luck with it have just finished my son's cake for his party, ended up doing him two cakes...the things we do for our kids!

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:33am
post #5 of 13

There's just so many things you could do with Scooby. There's of course the Wilton Scooby pans, or accessories..but why not go for the gusto and get really adventurous?!?! You could do a carved cake of the Mystery Machine with gumpaste figures of the gang. Or include some of the classic monsters too. Hope this helps and good luck with whatever you decide! (and post pics! icon_biggrin.gif )

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 8:49am
post #6 of 13

There are so many great Scooby Doo cakes on this site, maybe you could do a search in the galleries to get some inspiration? I love the idea of the van and gumpaste figures.

And, welcome to CC!

dittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dittle Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:29am
post #7 of 13

I have instructions on how to make a scooby cake. Can't remember which book I got it from. If you are interested in the instructions I will email them to you.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 10:00am
post #8 of 13

I saw this one on cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ ... I think it was done by The Cake Fairy .
LL

MochaCupcake1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MochaCupcake1 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 11:31pm
post #9 of 13

I just want to say thank you to everyone who replied. I have searched the site and got great ideas. I absolutely love this site! Thank you all again an please keep the ideas coming.

Mocha Cupcake1

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:58am
post #10 of 13

Well mochacupcake, make sure you post your cake on this post so we all can see what you decided to do. I did the scoby do mystery van for a friends 5 year and they all loved. It was my first "actual" carved creation other than my husband turned my first attempt into a comcast wrecked van, see my pictures, yup, he did that one all my himself and hijacked my cake prototype. Gotta love husbands help, heck, half the cakes on my photos are creations I started he ended up finishing because he wanted to "help". But I love that he half way takes an interest in what I like to do.

Aprils_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aprils_Cakes Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:08pm
post #11 of 13

I did the mystery machine (van) for my son's bday a couple of yrs. ago. I just used a scooby doo candle on it. It was pretty awesome. I don't have a pic handy to upload but I did use the mini chocolate donuts as wheels. I had never heard of fondant at the time and I'm just now learning how to use it. I get design ideas from www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com some are more professional than others but it gives you the idea and you can run with it. check it out for scooby doo ideas!

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:38pm
post #12 of 13

I did a cupcake-cake recently.

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:31am
post #13 of 13

I did a van for my nephew, its in my pics. It was one of the funnest ive done. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%