Where Can I Find Sps???

Decorating By rachel-b Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 7:31pm by MichelleM77

rachel-b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachel-b Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 12:36am
post #1 of 11

Hello all you CCers!
I've heard such great things about SPS. Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can order them?
TIA,
Ava'

10 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 12:39am
post #2 of 11

I order mine from Oasis. www.oasisupply.com

Jodie

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 11

I bought from Oasis' sister site because they sell in smaller quantities than Oasis (on some things anyway).

http://www.larkscakeandcandy.com

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 11

I ordered SPS from Oasis. I never will again. I will not delve any further though but I do not recommend them.

Beach Cuisine is where I ordered mine. Fast, a bit more expensive than Oasis, but much better.

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 11

I've seen quite a few positive posts about SPS. What is SPS?

cjshoemake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjshoemake Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:07pm
post #6 of 11

Can someone please enlighten the ignorant...what is SPS?

starcitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starcitycakes Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 11

I am so confused on the SPS system. icon_confused.gif If I want to use pillars what do I but into the cake under the pillars? I can't use dowels because they are too small. When I looked on those two websites I found a couple of things that said spikes(?) Do I use those? but they weren't as pretty as the other pillars. I don't know I'm really confused. OH and do I have to have a plate on the bottom of the pillars, which would be the top of the bottom cake?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:09pm
post #8 of 11

There is a sticky in the "How Do I" Forums on SPS. You can get them from Global Sugar Art also. I wont order from Oasis any more either, very poor customer service.

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:12pm
post #9 of 11

Here's the SPS link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603925.html

I have ordered from Oasis and have not had any problems, although I have not ordered recently.

Good luck, they are worth trying.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:15pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

There is a sticky in the "How Do I" Forums on SPS. You can get them from also. I wont order from Oasis any more either, very poor customer service.

Tiggy, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. They were definitely the worst I've experienced and definitely the worst while planning my wedding.

Also, Global Sugar Art has them. I would have ordered from there but they didn't have the pillars I needed.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:31pm
post #11 of 11

I ordered from Lark's and while I didn't have any problem with customer service (I ordered online, didn't talk to anyone), my box was delivered smashed and broken open on the side, which was due to FedEx and not Lark's, though it makes me hesitant to order anything that has to be shipped again! Hmph.

Oh, I would have ordered from GSA, but they were completely out of the size I needed at the time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%