Can I Make Icing Softer??

Baking By SweetPicks Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 3:20pm by shiney

SweetPicks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPicks Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 10

Ok, so I am using Antonia's icing and really like it but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to it to make it softer? Is there anything I can do to get rid of the "crunch" without comprimising(sp) the stability of it? Would adding Karo Syrup work?
Thanks so much for any help in advance! You all are a great group!

9 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 10

Hmmm.I use Antonia's icing on top of all my NFSC cookies and the icing isn't crunchy.As a matter of fact I just ate one of the cookies I made for my daughter's birthday party (Tinkerbell)and the cookies was soft and the icing hard but not crunchy and rock hard so I'm not sure what you mean.The butter in the cookie recipe seems to soften the icing as it sits.

SweetPicks Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 10

Maybe I'm thinning it out too much when I'm flooding. I've got another batch of cookies in the oven, will try, try again once they are ready. Thanks for your response and your Tinkerbell cookies are really cute!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 10

sweet: There's a thread about cookies by design, and I think there was something abut their icing, it sets up but doesn't go too hard. you might do a search for that thread and read through to see if they give the recipe. just a thought
I know you're talkg about icing, but you might consider rolled buttercream, it's fantastic on cookies and stays soft. There's also many threads on it as well.

SweetPicks Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks Shiney! I will check into both. I appreciate your help! icon_smile.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 10

Hi Shiney - Can you package and stack rolled buttercream?

shiney Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 11:03pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

Hi Shiney - Can you package and stack rolled buttercream?

Shoot yeah! Have a look at my boobie cookies (opps, sorry, hearts with something extra). Those are really popular for my breat cancer fundraisers and package beautifully thumbs_up.gif

MamaYogi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaYogi Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:37am
post #8 of 10

Shiney.....when you used rolled buttercream what do you use for outlining or detail work?

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:54pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks, Shiney! I remembered the "hearts with something extra" cookies (very creative, by the way!), but missed the packaging part as I hadn't played with rolled buttercream before. Oh, what recipe do you like? Thanks for your help!

shiney Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:20pm
post #10 of 10

Mama, I use Antonia's RI for detailing, and brush with dry shimmer type dust sometimes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%