Tilt Head Or Bowl Lift?

Decorating By Getus Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 2:13pm by Getus

Getus Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 12

I am ready to buy a KA mixer. It seems as though the Pro line mixers are bowl lift models, whereas the Artisans and such are tilt head. What is the fav and why?
TIA! icon_wink.gif

11 replies
Christen99 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 12

I have a tilt head, and I really wish I had gotten the bowl lift model. I find it difficult to add ingredients even when the head is tilted because the beaters are constantly in the way and I find it a bit messier. I love my mixer, but that's the only thing that irritates me about it.

Donnagardner Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 12

I have the bowl lift and like it. I dont have to move it from under the cabinet to tilt the head up, I can just add stuff hwere it sits. If you can afford it get the 6 qt.

yellobutterfly Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 12

I have 2 tilt heads, and love 'em - but I agree the beaters get in the way. Stay away from the 6qt, I've heard here that it has many issues.

patygpm Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 12

My mom has the bowl lift and I have the tilt head, I think I prefer the bowl lift. When you want to get the batter of the paddle/whisk it is easier in the bowl lift since you only lower the bowl and put the mixer on high speed. Other than that, both are great!!

lapazlady Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 12

I have one of each design. I love them both. I tend to use the non-tilt one for smaller cakes and NOT for fondant and larger cakes. The KA, non-tilt, has been with me for 26 years and have never had a bit of trouble. The DeLonghi, tilt head, is wonderful for mixing larger batches of cakes, icing or fondant. I've delighted with both.

jenbenjr Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 12

I have both and love them both, but I have to say that I do prefer the bowl lift. I use it so much more often! icon_biggrin.gif

SUELA Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:37pm
post #8 of 12

I have both...bowl lift as Donnagardner said fits under cabinets without having to pull out. Plus the bigger bowl. Smaller batches maybe harder to mix in a larger bowl, but I did a cup of whipping cream last night and it worked fine.

Someone on here also recently did a comparision between KA and cuisinart.

Ballymena Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #9 of 12

I have the professional which is bowl lift. Check watts when you purchase the KA. The more watts you can afford the better, especially for icings, cookies, and fondant.

DollyCakes Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 9:04pm
post #10 of 12

I have the 6qt. bowl lift and I guess I like it. I think that it's difficult to add ingredients because there's not much room between the beater and the edge of the bowl, but if you use the shield it makes it much easier.

cinderspritzer Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm
post #11 of 12

I have the 6 qt bowl lift and LOVE it. Dumping stuff in was a problem, but I got a pour shield and it solved all the problems. icon_smile.gif

Getus Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:13pm
post #12 of 12

Thanks, everybody! I appreciate your responses. I ordered the bowl lift. I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%