Dragees Not Being Sold To California Addresses???

Decorating By micay23 Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 7:57pm by luvsfreebies72

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:58am
post #31 of 42

You're welcome! Oh, as an addendum, the one thing I am NOT certain about is whether or not it is technically "legal" to sell finished goods containing dragees. Since they can only be legally sold in CA if they are labeled "Inedible/for decorative purposes only" and his angle is "They are being sold to be put on cookies and cakes, so clearly people are not using them as 'inedible' items," you would be hard pressed to prove that the dragees on an actual COOKIE you sold were meant to be picked off. Can you imagine? Selling a cookie with a big ol' disclaimer "You MUST pick off the silver balls and discard them before eating your cookie." Maybe package the cookies with a nice new tweezer. LOL icon_lol.gif.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:04am
post #32 of 42

LMAO

I just read this article and came to post on it

icon_cool.gif what a jacka**

ETA: I want to buy a buttload of dragees and fill up his car with them icon_cool.gif

ceshell Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:18am
post #33 of 42

I am all about consumer protection and warnings (rather than outright PROHIBITION, or an attempt to do so) but honestly, this guy should focus his energies on toxins that are really messing up ALL human and animal bodies, like phthalates or BPA or something. Dragees, are you KIDDING me??? He just went after them because it was so simple. An easy target. Wow man, saving the world, one tiny silver ball at a time.

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:23am
post #34 of 42

ITA w/ you.

maybe we should put them in Arnold's car...

Today starts our new sales tax increase. yippee

dcabrera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcabrera Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:31am
post #35 of 42

I just got my dragees delivered today from GSA. I live in Los Angeles. I didn't have a problem icon_smile.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:32am
post #36 of 42

I'm telling you all, I SWEAR I just saw them in one of my local cake supply stores....

dcabrera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcabrera Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:34am
post #37 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

I'm telling you all, I SWEAR I just saw them in one of my local cake supply stores....

Where do you buy your supplies in SoCal? I don't know of any good stores out here.

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:40am
post #38 of 42

AJ Cakes in Glendora
Decor in La Habra
Orange Novelty Cake supplies in Santa Ana

I haven't been to the last one yet. I'm going tomorrow. the other 2 are "ok". I wouldn't call them greatness, but they do the job.

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 12:02pm
post #39 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

LMAO

I just read this article and came to post on it

icon_cool.gif what a jacka**

ETA: I want to buy a buttload of dragees and fill up his car with them icon_cool.gif

Ditto!

ceshell Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:35pm
post #40 of 42

I saw them at O.N. a couple of years ago. That was before I understood the "illegal" issue, so I thought they were CRAZY and flaunting the law! LOL, now I am soo glad I didn't warn them just to "help them" - I would have felt like a total dope icon_redface.gif. Ya know, it might not be a bad idea to NOT discuss publicly where you have found them in CA - that lawyer is still out there and heaven knows how he finds people to sue, but there's no need to "out" your favorite cake supply store! I'm perfectly serious; you might want to check to see if you can edit your post or have the Mod's do so...just sayin'...

Jakap2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jakap2 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:39pm
post #41 of 42

Well, I live in California and when we went on vacation to AZ, I had them sent there. Recently, I saw them in one of local stores but as you mentioned before, they were labeled "non edible". I ate them as a kid and just like others- not blue yet icon_lol.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:57pm
post #42 of 42

ceshell - you are so right! How stupid of me icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%