Carved Tiara

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 2:14pm by lkoenig07

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 6

I need to do a tiara cake, but not the one that you can buy the pan for. She wants it carved & standing up. I can't seem to find any pictures of any on here or on google. Help?

5 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 6

have you thought about making a tiara out of royal icing and placing it on top of the cake? there is a tutorial here for a royal icing tiara, and there are templates. i'm not sure i've heard of a carved tiara cake before.

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 6

Carved & standing up? icon_confused.gif There wouldn't be any cake left on the cake. I couldn't find anything on CC or the web, either. Good luck.

cohen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cohen1 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 6

I did a search on google and found this cake. The link it has listed is wrong and the picture is hard to see-
It looks like it was a round cake with a tiara wrapped around the front and then carved a bit in the back to keep the shape.
LL

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:40am
post #5 of 6

I did a pillow cake for my daughter and put a RI tiera on top, it was cute but I didnt get a picture of it cause my son and daughters bdays on the same day and we didnt eat her cake so she gave it to my niece before I got a pic. but I thin there are some in the gallary.

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 6

She wants the tiara out of cake, not RI. Thanks cohen1, that's great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%