Holly1982 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 3:35am
post #1 of 1

Benefit for the Alzheimer's Association
Date: April 19, 2009, 3 p.m.
Salem-Derry Elks, Salem, NH
Capped at 30 entries, register before April 5, 2009
Http://hollyrunsforthememory.webs.com/momentstoremember.htm
---

Do you like to bake? Are you creative? Then this is the contest for you! Take time to think about the moments you would like to remember; a special time in your life, or a moment held dear to you, shared with someone no longer here.

Memories are precious! Some times we take them for granted. Those suffering from Alzheimer's do not get to choose which memories they are able to keep. My name is Holly Boyko. I am fundraising for the Alzheimer's Association through Run for the Memory Program in memory of my late grandmother, Pauline Boyko of Salem. I am currently training for and will be running 13.1 miles in May for the cause! I am hoping you will help me in this effort by showing me your creative side!

"Moments to Remember" is the theme for the 2009 Pauline G. Boyko Memory Cake Decorating Contest & Auction. The event will take place on Sunday, April 19 from 3-8 p.m. Doors will open to the public at 4 p.m. Cake setup will begin at 3 p.m. and all cakes must be set up by 3:30 p.m. Community members can register to participate for a low registration fee of $20, payable by check to the "Alzheimer's Association" or online at: http://hollyrunsforthememory.webs.com/momentstoremember.htm. Payments by check should be mailed to Holly Boyko, Memory Cake Contest, 109 Brady Avenue, Salem, NH 03079-4023 and I will mail you your official entry packet. For online submissions, submit your fee and information at the bottom of the webpage with your email, name, address and phone number and I will send you your official entry packet. I hope to see several designs of cakes entered into the contest. Be creative! Think outside of the box. One entry is allowed per
person/group, cakes must be homemade by the entrant and at least 75% edible. Entries will be scored by a team of judges for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies; there will also be a People's Choice Award. And, some great prizes for our winners as well! A maximum of 30 entries will be taken so register now!

The Alzheimer's Association was created in 1980, with a mission to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research and to enhance care and support for individuals, their families, and caregivers. At that time, little was known about Alzheimer's. However, during their 28 years of helping families and striving toward a cure, a great deal of progress has been made, they now anticipate breakthroughs in prevention and treatment in the next decade.

Again, the event will be held on Sunday, April 19, 2009 and is open to the public 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Invite all of your friends and family to attend! They can support you for the "People's Choice" award as they sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere at the Salem-Derry Elks Lodge as well as participate in the benefit raffles and auction that will be held at the event.

Help spread the word! I will be collecting donations from venues around the Salem area for the benefit raffles. Gift cards, event tickets, movie passes, promotional items, anything you can think of! Also, we are asking members of the public to donate "Memory Baskets" to be raffled off in memory of those who have lost their battle to Alzheimer's OR in honor of the memories those suffering from the disease lose every day. Contact Holly Boyko at [email protected] for more information on how you can make a donation!

This is a great contest for anyone who loves to bake!

For more information or to register:
http://hollyrunsforthememory.webs.com/momentstoremember.htm

Thank you,

Holly Boyko
[email protected]
www.hollyrunsforthememory.webs.com
icon_smile.gif

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%