Instructions For Baseball Cap Cake Pls Anyone?

Business By ButtercreamBakery Updated 10 Mar 2009 , 10:57pm by ButtercreamBakery

ButtercreamBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercreamBakery Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 1:27am
post #1 of 4

I'm making a baseball cap cake (Yankees) along with a baseball for my nephews bday next week and don't even know where to start. I have the softball pan. Any help is appreciated! thanks : )

3 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, I have only made one so I'll tell you what I did and maybe someone can help you out more. I baked a 6 inch and half the ball pan. then set the ball on top of the 6 inch. for the rim I placed gumpaste on a real hat brim and let it dry for a day or 2. then carefully remove the gumpaste and stick in the front of the ball cake. does that make sense? hope someone else can explain better. let me know if you have anymore ? icon_smile.gif

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 4

Hi I just made a NY Yankees cap a few weeks ago and what I did was make a 6" then a half of the ball pan I put filling in mine then placed the half ball on top. Then I frosted the cake put the fondant on top. This was a last minute order so I used cardboard and fondant for the visor part and placed toothpicks in the cardboard to help hold the visor up. But if you are doing it ahead of time I would recomend the gumpaste with toothpicks or skewers or dry pasta before dry. Then I used a knife and toothpick for the stitch look. I had a cap to look at as I was making it. Then made a small round button out of a cutter for the button. For the holes I used the top of a skewer then made a worm and placed that around the hole. For the NY I printed out a edible image then used pipping gel to glue on the front. Hope this was helpful. This is not hard to make. If you need more help let me know. icon_biggrin.gif

ButtercreamBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercreamBakery Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you guys so much that really helped... I'll give it a shot and post the pic! : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%