Hot Wheels Cupcakes?

Baking By ImInCakeHeaven Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 4:43am by AudreysCakes

ImInCakeHeaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ImInCakeHeaven Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 6

icon_surprised.gif I have an order for Hot Wheels cupcakes, I've looked on here and saw two "race" themed cupcakes made of fondue. I don't do fondue just icing. Can someone "please" help with any ideas beside the the few I have of my own???!!! Thanks in advance!
thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 6

If it were me I'd just do them in race car colors and set a matchbox toy next to it, but thats me being lazy and having no better ideas. icon_redface.gif

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 6

what about finding a pic of a hot wheel car ( like a coloring book ) and doing a chocolate transfer. I think those would look cute sitting on top of a cupcake. hth icon_smile.gif

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 6

i had to do cupcakes to go with some car cookies that i did. i made half with a road and actually placed a car on, and the other half was supposed to look like a tire on the cupcake. the candles have something to do with the bar mitzvah.
LL

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 6

If you can get hold of Carol Deacon's "Sporty Cakes" book she has a "quick & easy version" of her Motor Racing cake - similar to kneadacookie's nifty racing car cupcakes above but with quite simple racing cars made from sugarpaste. This could easily be made as cupcakes. Good luck!

AudreysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AudreysCakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:43am
post #6 of 6

I have to hot wheel cupcakes this week, I like your cupcake idea above kneadacookie, what did you use for topping? Buttercream, fondant? Need some guidance. thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%