Marble Chocolate Cake

Baking By rboase Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 11:43pm by ezbakin

rboase Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rboase Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 6

I'm looking for a marble chocolate cake recipe. I have someone who requested this cake and i'm not sure how to do it either. Help!

5 replies
azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 6

all you have to do is make a regular vanilla cake and reserve a cup or so of the batter, add cocoa powder and then place globs of it all over and swirl with a knife. i do this also with colors to get a rainbow marble cake for kids parties!

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 6

So for hijacking the post. One note when adding cocoa powder, mix it with about 1/4 cup of hot water or warm heavy cream. It will blend better in the batter you would like flavored chocolate.

There is a marble cake recipe on the Martha Stewart's website which I use and it's great! Very moist and has a good crumb. I would post it, but I'm at work and don't have my recipe handy.

Good luck.

Jeannie

rboase Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rboase Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 6

thanks so much Jeannie, you are a big help.

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 6

Rboase,
You are most welcome! That's one of the reason I love Cake Central...you get so much help and you can share what your experience too.

Cheers thumbs_up.gif

Jeannie

ezbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ezbakin Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the advice. Thats why I also love CC. What did I ever do before I could CC. I have a yellow cake rec I always use and I thought adding Cocoa was correct but wasn't sure. I will go and give it a try. If it does't come out to my liking I do have time to try again. I am carving this cake into letters so I am glad I can use my standby yellow rec. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%